RLC supports clients investing in Sub-Saharan Africa, whether located onshore or offshore.
The firm is committed to supporting its clients in building sustainable businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa. We have a vested interest in seeing our clients thrive in Sub-Saharan Africa and we apply our vast resources in facilitating our clients’ objectives including our skill and expertise in:
- navigating the legal landscapes, the cultural and political dimensions and other challenges of the business environment,
- structuring and documenting investment arrangements and managing risk, and
- engaging with our deep contacts in key African countries to follow through on our clients’ needs.
We provide derivatives and other financial transactional support to Africa’s major international and multilateral financial institutions, as well as to leading energy corporations in Nigeria and other African countries.
RLC has been commended for its “sterling effort” in leading and managing an investment protection and dispute resolution strategy to protect a USD 60 million investment in Nigeria.
We provide advisory and transactional support to UK financial institutions and corporates on a variety of corporate, banking and finance matters. Our recent engagements in this respect include:
- derivatives transactional and derivatives regulatory advisory matters,
- debt capital market transaction documentation,
- joint venture transaction negotiation and documentation, and
- loan facility negotiation and documentation.
We act for European based financial institutions and corporates on a variety of structured finance, derivatives and advisory matters.