USD 60,000,000 foreign investment asset recovery and dispute resolution
Advising a foreign investor on the recovery of assets and assisting in the resolution of a dispute affecting investment in a free trade zone in Nigeria
Commodity swap transaction
Tailored commodity (oil) transaction for indigenous Nigerian oil company
USD 100,000,000 cross-currency swap transaction
Structured cross-currency swap transaction providing an investment opportunity and supporting the activities of a telecommunications company
Sydney Street Finance Limited EUR 376,800,000 credit-linked notes termination
Termination of collateralised debt obligation transaction and repayment of EUR 376,800,000 credit-linked notes
Pembridge Square Limited
EUR 380,000,000 credit-linked notes termination
Termination of collateralised debt obligation transaction and repayment of EUR 380,000,000 credit-linked notes
Newcourt Street Finance Limited
EUR 269,000,000 credit-linked notes termination
Termination of collateralised debt obligation transaction and repayment of EUR 269,600,000 credit-linked notes
Hanover Street Finance Limited
EUR 484,150,000 credit-linked notes termination
Termination of collateralised debt obligation transaction and repayment of EUR 484,150,000 credit-linked notes
Regent Street Finance Limited
EUR 576,050,000 credit-linked notes termination
Termination of collateralised debt obligation transaction and repayment of EUR 576,050,000 credit-linked notes
Over GBP 3,000,000 investment dispute resolution process
Advising an investor in an indigenous Nigerian manufacturing company on resolving post-acquisition disputes developing strategies for resolution
Other Relevant Experience
We have (individually and as a firm) a wealth of experience including the following selected transactions.
Capital Markets Transactions
- Acted for a major European bank in the structuring and documenting a series of bond issues listed on the Irish stock exchange relating to the sale of credit risk arising under portfolios of debt obligations with a notional value in excess of EUR 18 billion in aggregate.
- Acted as counsel for the joint lead managers and the issuer in the issue of US$500 million covered bonds by a Korean finance corporation.
- Acting for a major European bank in the termination of a series of credit-linked notes.
- Advising Issuers and Investors on a variety of bond issues listed on the London, Luxembourg, Ireland, Mauritius and Cayman Stock Exchanges.
ISDA Master Agreements and CSA and the Global Master Repurchase Agreement
- Advising an African multilateral development finance institution on a variety of derivatives transactions and repurchase transactions.
- Advised a prominent African development bank on gold bullion loan/swap cross border transactions.
- Acted for a major European bank in the structuring of a £50 million loan and risk-participation facility to fund loans to agri-business in southern Africa.
- Advised a Nigerian indigenous oil and gas company on ISDA hedging arrangements.
- Advising a major African bank in a variety of derivatives and finance transactions.
Derivatives and Structured Products
- Advising on the rights and obligations of clients in their capacity as members of LCH Clearnet.
- Advising derivatives market participants on the impact on their business of the European Markets Infrastructure Regulations and their clearing obligations thereunder.
- Advising on the their rights and obligation resulting from the collapse of MF Global and other financial institutions.
- Acted for the swap provider in respect of an interest rate swap entered into to hedge the exposure of the Issuer of approximately £300+ million Notes listed on the Irish Stock Exchange and in connection with the purchase of car loan receivables.
- Advised EU and European banks in their capacities as swap provider in respect of an inaugural issue of USD 500 million of covered bonds issue in Korea.
- Acted for a European bank as swap counterparty in connection with a synthetic securitisation of a portfolio of 5,000 reference Loans to an investor.
- Acted for the borrower under the terms of a EUR 100m loan facility relating to Dutch real estate assets and as counterparty under a related interest rate and currency swap.
- Acted for a borrower under the terms of a USD 150m loan facility relating to the purchase of London real estate commercial property and as counterparty under a related interest rate and currency swap.
- Advised a major European investment bank in structuring the hedging of the credit risk on its USD 1.9 billion debt obligations.
- Acted for a major international bank in the transfer of credit risk in respect of its USD 125 million portfolio of microfinance loans.
- Acted for a major European Bank as lead manager and arranger on a Euro 400 million bond issue in respect of a Euro 4.5 billion portfolio of SME loans.
- Advised a major investment bank in structuring of a credit risk management transaction in respect of a USD 1.2 billion portfolio of consumer loan assets.
- Acted as English Counsel to a subsidiary of a major European bank on the termination of several CDO transactions.
- Conducted a six months study of the Nigerian capital markets and co-authored a report on recommendations.
- Delivered seminars on a wide range of capital markets, derivatives and financial market transactions and regulatory issues for audiences including investor groups, lawyers and financial institutions.
- Advising financial and corporate institutions in the UK, Europe, Nigeria and elsewhere on the impact of various regulations affecting the derivatives industry.
- Advising a prominent African development bank on the bank’s regulatory status.
Other Relevant Experience
- Acted for the government of Zambia on a loan agreement with the World Bank.
- Facilitated round table summits with target investor groups in Europe and the USA.
- Conducted legal, regulatory and corporate due diligence in connection with a Eurobond Issue.
- Acted for a major Nigerian corporate on its USD 1 billion syndicated loan.